Yep. I’m soooooooo excited to be heading back to The City of Lights this June. I’ve dreamt about teaching a workshop in this gorgeous place for years. Here’s the scoop:
Good sketches start with Good Bones! In this workshop, you’ll learn the simple steps to set up the foundations of a great architectural sketch in Perspective and Watercolor. How do you start a location sketch? Where is the darn Vanishing Point? And how do I start painting?
Held in the amazing historic Marais of romantic Paris, this workshop offers 2 full days of instruction. The first day is an introduction to the fundamentals of on-location perspective through demos and sketching on-site. Day two introduces basic watercolor mixing and techniques, and in the afternoon, we put it all together!
Friday, June 19 | Meet for a bring-your-own picnic dinner at the Places des Vosges.
GOOD BONES Day 1 | PERSPECTIVE | Saturday, June 20 | 9am-5pm* | Meet in the Place des Vosges
- Learn perspective basics and a simple step-by-step process to construct an architectural perspective sketch, how to build the sketch in layers.
- Learn what to look for when sketching perspective on location—how to find your eye level and vanishing points to provide the good bones of any sketch.
- Learn how to measure proportions and relationships of spatial elements.
GOOD BONES Day 2 | WATERCOLOR | Sunday, June 21 | 9am-5pm* | Meet in the Place des Vosges
- Introduction to basic watercolor tools and techniques, using a simple palette of colors.
- Learn how to use watercolor to enhance the sense of architecture and space in your sketches.
- In the afternoon, put perspective and watercolor together.
- * One hour break for lunch.
GOOD BONES PARIS is open to 15 participants with any level of experience, but it’s targeted to sketchers who want to improve their basic sketching and understanding of perspective and watercolor.
Workshop Registration opens Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 8am Seattle time/ 5pm Paris time. To sign up, contact Stephanie by email at email@example.com The first 15 emails will be accepted—first come, first served. A waiting list will be created.
Workshop tuition is US$295.00, by check or PayPal (tuition includes PayPal transaction fees.)
***And for you blog followers, I’m offering early-bird spots today and tomorrow as a THANK YOU. Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you’d like to be pencilled in to a spot. And if you also sign up for the French Escapade workshop in the Loire, I’ll knock of $100 from the cost of this workshop, and FE will also reduce their price. Paris will be a great warm up for the LOIRE!!
There are also still workshop spots open for Seville in April (before it gets too hot in southern Spain) and one spot in Civita in June.