Contact | email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org | 206.284.5111
Website | www.stephaniebower.com
Instagram | @stephanieabower
Facebook | stephanieabower.seattle
Welcome! I’m Stephanie Bower, based in beautiful Seattle, WA. I have a background as an architect and work primarily as an architectural illustrator, but for over 25 years, I’ve had a parallel career teaching architectural drawing and sketching both in University and more recently, in workshops around the world. I’ve authored 3 books on sketching!
As an Architectural Illustrator, I provide watercolor renderings, pencil sketches, and concept design drawings to many offices in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Clients include Olson Kundig Architects, ZGF, MITHUN, Jones & Jones, Perkins Will and more.
I taught architectural sketching in New York City at Parsons School of Design for 10 years, then at the University of Washington and Cornish College of the Arts here in Seattle. I love drawing and am passionate about passing on hand drawing and painting skills. I now teach workshops offered both locally and internationally, a true dream come true that combines my love of architecture, teaching, and travel. I’m honored to be a blog correspondent for Urban Sketchers and to have taught at symposiums in Brazil, Singapore, Manchester UK, Chicago USA, Taiwan, Amsterdam NL, and Basel, Switzerland in September 2022.
2020 KRob international architectural delineation competition sponsored by the Dallas AIA | Finalist for Best Professional Travel Sketch
- 2014 Civita Institute/NIAUSI Astra Zarina Fellowship | 2 months in Civita di Bagnoregio ITALY | to create an illustrated architectural walking guide
- 2013 Gabriel Prize | Awarded to one architect in the United States for 3 months in France | to study the use of Perspective in Le Notre’s designs of the gardens at Vaux le Vicomte and Versailles
- 2013, 2012 KRob International Architectural Delineation Competition, Kevin Sloan Award for Best Travel Sketch
- Signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society.
- 2022 The World of Urban Sketching
- 2020 The Urban Sketching Handbook: 101 Sketching Tips
- 2016 The Urban Sketching Handbook: Understanding Perspective
- University Teaching
- Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle WA | Interior and Visual Communications
- University of Washington, Seattle WA | Architecture program
- Parsons School of Design, New York NY | Design | Environmental Design, Interior, and Architecture Programs | 10 years
- Licensed Architect New York State (not active)
- Master of Science, Interior Design | Pratt Institute, Brooklyn
- Bachelor of Architecture | University of Texas at Austin | Valedictorian | Henry Adams Medal